- Michelle Thomson (SNP, Edinburgh West)
SNP → Independent: 29 September 2015
- Thomson withdrew from the SNP whip after her business became the subject of a police investigation into alleged irregularities regarding property deals. As a result, she now sits as an independent. In line with party rules, upon withdrawing from the whip, her SNP membership was suspended.
- Natalie McGarry (SNP, Glasgow East)
SNP → Independent: 24 November 2015
- McGarry withdrew from the SNP whip after being named as under investigation by the police regarding financial discrepancies relating to Women for Independence, a campaign organisation for which she is a founder. As a result, she now sits as an independent. In line with party rules, upon withdrawing from the whip, her SNP membership was suspended.
- Simon Danczuk (Labour, Rochdale)
Labour → Independent: 31 December 2015
- Danczuk was suspended from the Labour Party, pending an investigation by the National Executive Committee, after allegations were made that he exchanged explicit messages with a 17-year-old girl. As a result of the suspension, he has been withdrawn from the Labour whip, and now sits as an independent.