Pages

Former MP: constituents can F*** off


A LABOUR MP who lost his seat at the general election has said he is taking solace in being able to tell his ex-constituents to "f*** off" if he chooses.

Brian Donohoe, who held Central Ayrshire for Labour for 23 years, also said local voters would have to "live with what they've done" following the selection of the SNP's Philippa Whitford.
Speaking to the Irvine Times, Mr Donohoe, 66, said: "Obviously I'm disappointed, and the fact is that having served for 23 years I'm disappointed for the people who have depended on getting a reasonable service.
"But I've passed the baton on and it's for others to then take it up and run with it and make damn sure that the constituency is well dealt with."
Mr Donohoe added: "I'm of an age where I can now turn round with the greatest delight and tell people to 'f*** off' which I haven't been able to do for a hell of a long time.
"You have to take all sorts coming through the door and be kind, considerate and generous with your time and sometimes you wonder why.
"But at the end of it you're there and I've always made the pledge as an MP that I wasn't just there to represent the people who voted for me, I was there to help."
The former MP added that he was looking forward to spending time with his grandson, working in his garden and flying helicopters.